CV or Who am I
Endre Szabo, Systems Engineer
I am 35, male, married, one son.
I live in Budapest, Hungary
I have driving license, fluent English.
2014– Systems Engineer
at the madeIT.hu Ltd, main tasks:
- design, build, implement and support application level proxy firewalls,
- development and support of centralized authentication solution for VPN, wired and wireless NAC and host SSH access fields,
- security device log analysis to assure security policies, forensics and incident response
- development of Web-based networking equipment management utilities
- general systems management consultancy
2013–2014 Network Security Consultant
at the NISZ National Infocommunications Services ZRt., duties include:
- proactive monitoring of network threats
- designing IPS patterns based of detected threats
- security audit of corporation technologies including configurations, updates and management of such hardware and software assets.
- consultancy on security architecture strategy at the organization.
- conducting incident investigations and keeping contact with authorities and partner organizations.
2008–2013 UNIX Systems Engineer
at the state-owned NISZ National Infocommunications Services ZRt., duties include:
- administration of Layer7 firewall clusters
- administration of Sun Solaris Clusters with VxVM/VxFS
- administration of Linux Clusters
- designing and administering Enterprise Storage solutions (mainly EMC 2 and Hitachi)
- VMware vSphere administration
- developing monitoring solutions (Nagios & collectd plugins)
- developing management solutions (based on Perl and/or Python depending on task)
2002–2007 UNIX Systems and Network Administrator
at the government organization Central Agricultural Office, main tasks:
- all-inclusive administration of Linux and Solaris based database servers
- administration of the network rig (30 routers, many switches and VoIP SoftSwitches)
- administatrion of firewalls and caching proxies
- 2013 Employee of the Year for significant contribution to government backbone network security.
- 2013–2017 BSc in Computer Engineering, specializing in Network Systems Engingeering
- 2014 BalaBit Zorp Expert
- 2014 BalaBit Shell Control Box support engineer
- 2014 BalaBit Syslog Store Box support engineer
- 2014 BalaBit Syslog-ng support engineer
- 2013 EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- 2013 EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
- 2012 EMC 2 VNX File Storage Deployment and Management
- 2012 EMC 2 VNX Block Storage Deployment and Management
- 2011 e-Szigno Certified PKI Expert
- 2010 Hitachi Data Systems Enterprise Storage Fundamentals
- 2010 Hitachi Data Systems Enterprise Software Solutions
- 2010 Hitachi Data Systems In-System Replication Fundamentals
- 2009 Sun Cluster 3.2 Advanced Administration
- 2009 Sun Cluster 3.2 Administration
- 2008 Sun Solaris 10 System Administration
Being an old school hacker I like to develop new, unusual use-cases for well known TCP/IP based services, like DNS-based port knocking, proactive DDoS prevention that processes live logs from heavily loaded firewall clusters, one-to-one mapping spam filter, etc.
Now open for hiring